Friday, June 29, 2018

USF 677 D8: Course Reflection (25 Points)

USF 677 D8: Course Reflection  (25 Points)

So much has happened since the beginning of this course.  

            I closed out the 2018 school year with my students                       and beloved co-teacher.  

           I physically moved into another classroom and was                     assigned a new principal.  

           I cruised the Carribean.  

           I went to my first ISTE conference.  

           I met amazing people. 

           I continued to support my mother as she battles                            cancer.  

These eight weeks have not only gone by quickly, but also my learning and experiences have increased exponentially.  There were moments when I thought some of the topics or experiences could be an eight-week exploration alone.  Through it all, I was not overwhelmed.  I understand now that my role is to immerse myself.  I will become proficient in using the multimedia tools...as I use the multimedia tools.  

I appreciate the power of audio and video in the classroom.  These tools have the potential to give us more time with students and developing powerful relationships as we create 21st Century learning envirnments.  We must continue to put students first, then content and finally technology.  

6 comments:

  1. WoW! So how do I create check marks and graphics like your blog? You will have to teach me how to do that. Audio and video two of the tools that I was afraid to try but did so and do not regret it! I feel like I grew so much from the experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patty,
      We are growing exponentially and expeditiously! I have found that when I use a graphic on my Blogger account I can't adjust it to the size I want. I am offered: Small, Medium and Large. This limits what I want to do. So, I copy and past my clip art, graphic, or bitmoji onto a Google Document where I can custom size the graphic, then I copy and paste it onto my blog. I just played around with it.

      You have sparked creativity for me. You never know how what you are saying or presenting impacts another person. Continue to SHARE and SHINE!

      Delete
  2. I admire your ability to jump head first into using these tools and sharing both your success and mistakes! Your last sentence is very powerful and inspires me to continue to learn about the technology that is out there and put the tools to good use in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky,
      I had so much fun doing the Flipgrid activity with you and your students. Our students are only four years apart. Developmentally there is a tremendous difference now. However, once these scholars are adults they will be facing challenges together. Our classroom sharing experience has the potential to bind them as problem-solving comrades well into the future. Thank you for giving me the opportunity. Continue to lead with love and learning.
      Do you share visuals of your gardening experience with your students? That would be a cool getting to know your teacher feature with tech.

      Delete
  3. Veronica, love how you presented this blog post - creative! It's been a great 8 weeks - you have come a long way. Keep it up - your students are going to benefit so greatly from all of your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This course has been what learning should be...FUN!

      Delete