Sunday, October 14, 2018

Artifact 2 ED 678 Grant Writing

Artifact 2   ED 678    Grant Writing


This is how I imaged myself before
I started writing my grant.  

high roller jackpot GIF by University of Alaska Fairbanks

Yes, indeed you have the end in mind.   You know just what you are going to do with all of that money that will be showered down upon you because of your hard work and great ideas.  



the lizzie bennet diaries reaction s GIF

Then, you begin the hours of painstakingly detailed research.  The hours turn to days and weeks.  Some of your grand ideas must be modified.  You feel like you may even be compromising the core ideas of your original ideas.  The image of money being showered upon you grows more distant. 

My Grant 

Grant writing is not for the faint of heart.  Like most things in my life, I sincerely believe it should be a team effort.  We all have different gifts and talents.  Duties should be disaggregated. Frequent discussions and crucial conversations have the potential to refine and enhance both grant writing and the collective pursuits.  What would happen if schools and districts carved out time for all levels of an organization to be involved?  What core values need to be in place? 


No comments:

Post a Comment