Sunday, March 3, 2019

680 Course Reflection

680 Course Reflection

Bitmoji Image
This is my fourth year of enjoying what I call a teaching sabbatical.  That's how I think of my professional work history.  It can be divided into three parts. 

  • The Early Years
  • School and District Administration
  • The Sabbatical
Image result for iste standards for administrators
After 10 years of serving as an administrator, I have the privilege of going back to my roots, my true love-TEACHING.  Now, I am just a few classes away from being eligible for a cutting edge certificate.   I wouldn't trade anything for this journey.  
This class reminded me of what I like about educational leadership. It gave me the opportunity to enjoy and explore as the 21st-century practitioner...without red tape, politics, and limitations.  It was simply fantastic.  I sincerely believe, that if we want innovative educational leaders, we must support them with back-office and management resources. Let's listen to educational innovators and support creating authentic 21st-century learning communities.  

  
Collaborating with my colleagues to create an impactful professional development session gave me the greatest joy.  These teachers are leaders and are a valuable resource to our school district and a credit to our profession.  This shared learning opportunity really extended my thinking on how adults collaborate.  Our final product is outstanding, and it is better than any of us could do individually.  

I'm not sure what the next steps are for me professionally.  I have a unique skill set and experiences.   I trust that I will continue to serve as a 21st-century learner and leader, regardless of my title or position.  I will continue to advocate for #TeacherAgency and promote ANDRAGOGY!  


8 comments:

  1. The sabbatical. That is a great way to look at it! I am glad that this cohort has allowed me to get to know educators in our district. I am glad that you have been one of them. I am glad of our honest conversations. I am glad that we are disruptors. I am glad that we talk, share, laugh, and eat chocolate together. I am glad you are here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #Disruptors #HackLearning #TeacherAgency #SabbaticalsRestore #LikeAseed #PlantedNotBuried

      JodiLyn, you fill my bucket. Thanks for sharing your time and your talent.

      Delete
  2. Really interesting blog. I enjoyed reading all your entries. You must a great and caring teacher to your students. It was such a nice group to join in. Thanks for all your insight and keeping everything real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ronnie! Loved working with you as well! I could not agree with you more, learning for the sake of learning is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veronica - it was a pleasure meeting you in class! I didn't realize you were an administrator (in your past professional life)! How did I go weeks without learning that?! Anyway, I hope to join you in utilizing my "cutting-edge" endorsement in some productive way! I hope to stay in contact with many of my "new friends." You all were very accommodating to me (as the outsider) and I appreciate it! It was a genuine joy to be able to wear more of an "administrator's hat" (even if it was fictional and temporary) because it provided an opportunity to have a new viewpoint to analyze the integration of technology and its impact on educators as well as students. Thank you for being a positive voice. Don't change! I hope we cross paths again in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #AuthnticityMatters
      We are so much more than our titles. You are a great learning partner!

      Delete